Loft insulation material to prevent moisture and damage to stored items
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
aquadog90
Labourer
Labourer

Loft insulation material to prevent moisture and damage to stored items

by aquadog90 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello

I bought a 1950 2 bed semi. I had a loft ladder and flooring done in the loft when I bought it. Due to the fact that there is no separate storage room in the house it is a great idea to keep things in the loft.

Mostly I keep my clothes there however over this winter I noticed that due to the fact that wind gets in and out of the loft it also bring some amount of moisture. The clothes tend to attract it and get mouldy.

So I am thnking of insulating the loft into a "dry" storage area.

I did some research and I have found TRISO SUPER10+ as a decent insulation. It also comes with a good instalation guide which is fairly easy to folow (I am happy to listen to any suggestions here).

Here is a question tho. My roof tiles had a tiles back pointing done at some point in the past. It must have been a long time ago as a lot of it is missing and the rest is crumbling as soon as you touch it. Aslo there is no roof felt installed.
So before insulating the loft should I repoint the back of the tiles? or just leave it as it is?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Loft insulation material to prevent moisture and damage to stored items

by welsh brickie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:08 pm

you could have it spray foamed, that would insulate it and stop material from falling out from between the battens

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:23 am