Loft/Roof insulation in bungalow conversion
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DAVE43
Labourer
Labourer

Loft/Roof insulation in bungalow conversion

by DAVE43 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi,
I am planning to have a future loft conversion done in a detached bungalow. At present the insulation to storage loft above ceiling is a fairly thin layer of very aged fibreglass wool. I am wondering if it is worth replacing this now or whether it will all need removing anyway when the loft is converted? What I gather from other posts is that when a loft conversion is done, new insulation is fitted into the roof just under the tiles. Is it possible to have both or does the ceiling insulation need removing when loft is converted to a room which would make replacing it now a waste of time?

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave :?:

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:40 pm

DAVE43,
Chance are that new joists will have to be fitted and that these may be fitted between the existing joist so you will be wasting your time upgrading the level of insulation.
end

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Local help at hand!

by TheDoctor4 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Find trusted, insured and vetted tradesman local to your area. Visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:40 pm