loss of Hot water pressure, lpg boiler
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mrmhayes
Labourer
Labourer

loss of Hot water pressure, lpg boiler

by mrmhayes » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:18 am

Hi, I have a combination LPG converted boiler and the hot water pressure throughout the whole house is exceptionally poor, it gets even worse when you have more then one tap running at a time. The pressure even drops if you are using a hot tap and then turn on a cold tap elsewhere in the house.
the boiler wasa purpose bulit fit for conversion and was fitted and converted by a CORGI guy. I dont know if pressure was poor before because we had the old cylinder style system.
I am getting really tired of showering in a drip, any suggestions would be welcome. The cold water supply to the house comes through a water softener first, if that makes any difference., although I have bypassed that and it makes no differnce.
thanks in advance

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:35 am

If your cold water pressure is poor - then your hot's going to be too.

Check mains stop tap is fully open, water company's have a legal obligation of providing 0.7bar pressure to your house - check this, if it's lower get the waterboard to check/upgrade pipes.

If it is just the hot water you have problems with - there'll probably be a filter on the cold water inlet to the boiler, cleaning or replacing this should improve performance.

As for using more than one tap at a time - that's a problem with combi boilers, you'll never overcome this whatever the flow rate is - using more than one tap the flow rate will alter.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 pm