Lost pressure from taps...
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
untested
Labourer
Labourer

Lost pressure from taps...

by untested » Tue May 06, 2008 11:50 am

Hello, i have recently installed a combi boiler and whole new heating system..everything was fine until we noticed a drop in water pressure after about three months.
Now, we had the boiler looked at which was under warranty and the guy concluded we had a small leak somewhere on the pipework of the radiators.
While waiting for the plumber to return from holiday and see if he could locate this leak, we had an outside tap fitted, the kit type which cuts its own hole, and an american stlye fridge ice maker connected.
As soon as the those two things were fitted to the cold water feed, our hot water pressure down stairs in the kitchen dropped right off.
We had the kit tap taken off and replaced with a tee and copper tubing and when we looked inside the off-cut piece that held the kit tap, the bit that it cuts was still there, inside the off-cut.
Since we never touched the hot water in any way...why has my pressure dropped, only on the kitchen tap? anyone?

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

untested-tap query

by Steve the gas » Tue May 06, 2008 8:59 pm

Tap decided to commit hari kiri lol. No, I think checking tap washer and or replacing. You say just the kitchen tap- see above or a blockage of some sort

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:37 am