Low Hot Water Pressure - Bath Tap
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kohini
Labourer
Labourer

Low Hot Water Pressure - Bath Tap

by kohini » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:51 pm

I have a slow running hot bath mixer tap in a ground floor flat using a combi boiler (sealed system) which I am having difficulty finding the problem..
Water pressure is OK (adequate) to the bathroom wash basin and kitchen. Cold pressure is good to the entire flat.

I've had a couple plumbers round. 1st one gas engineer said boiler looked OK and was a result of the taps and poor mains pressure (neither covered under the insurance policy)

Got a 2nd plumber to come round who removed the taps, could not see anything wrong with the taps.. suggested possible problem with pressure between boiler and tap (maybe fur in pipe) and recommended a gas plumber?!

Not sure I believe there is problem with mains pressure as the cold water is fine.. Taps i think are fine as the cold mixer is good.

I have some tenants in the flat at the moment so unable to check things myself but if anyone has a clue to what it might it would be really helpful.

Paul2463
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Paul2463 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:44 pm

might be a simple problem. I called a plumber to come and fit two isolation valves to my shower so that I can remove it without getting wet. He advised me that to fit an isolation valve to the pipes effectively reduces the pipe from being 15mm to 8 mm (going through the valve) this may be the cause of your problem if one is fitted, he said he could fit it but it may reduce the water volume to an extent that it would not reach the shower head.
hope that helps

kohini
Labourer
Labourer

by kohini » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:59 pm

Thanks for the advice.... anybody else can help provide guidance...Need to speak to plumbers tommorow and make some recommendations

Thanks

kohini
Labourer
Labourer

by kohini » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:59 pm

Thought i'd write a conclusion to this..often you research these problems but are never sure what the root cause is...

had a gas engineer visit and identify a problem with the filter in the boiler.....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:40 pm