Low water pressure- loop wont fill on combi..
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fish fingers
Labourer
Labourer

Low water pressure- loop wont fill on combi..

by fish fingers » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:29 am

Strange- this morning low pressure in the house- there is a tiny rad leak but thats all I know about. Checked outside water meter to see if leak turned tap on and off etc- all seems normal.
If I try to raise the pressure on the boiler, the flow to the tap becomes strong.. really confused, thinking its a boiler prob?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:14 am

Er, I don't know quite what you mean or what you are doing, but I suggest you enlist the help of a friend or professional to identify the problem.

Altering the pressure in the boiler should have no effect on the water pressure to the taps, so what are you adjusting for this to happen?

Saying " low pressure in the house" is too vague to offer advice, but the rad leak should be fixed to prevent eventual damage to the boiler caused by the constant need to re-fill with fresh water.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:53 pm

The pressure gauge on the boiler is for the central heating system (radiators) nothing to do with hot or cold water. Turning off the mains stop tap - will not stop the radiator leaking.

As plumbbob says - as you seem to have little knowledge of your central heating and cold water system in your house, you need someone to fix the radiator leak - and I suspect everything else will be fine - if left alone.

htg

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1