Low water pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ccullen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Low water pressure

by ccullen » Wed May 16, 2007 3:01 pm

I've had a new bathroom sink fitted which has a mixer tap, but the pressure is very, very low even with hot and cold running simultaneously, it's just a very slight flow. Do I have to replace with a new tap so that I can get some decent water pressure, and if so, which type? Suggestions most gratefully received, asap!!!javascript:emoticon(':cry:')

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu May 24, 2007 5:35 pm

has the stop tap and isolation valves been opened fully ? if any stop taps were turned off try to check them first as they sometime snap off inside the valve

ccullen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Low water pressure

by ccullen » Fri May 25, 2007 9:11 am

[quote="htg engineer"]has the stop tap and isolation valves been opened fully ? if any stop taps were turned off try to check them first as they sometime snap off inside the valve[/quote]

Thank you for your reply and suggestion, however, I've had all the walls tiled and the pipe box is behind the tiling!!!! help!

sayworth
Labourer
Labourer

Low Pressure

by sayworth » Mon May 28, 2007 6:54 am

Taps either have screw down valves or ceramic disks and a certain level of water pressure is required to make it work. You need to find out from the retailer what is minimum water pressure required.

You then should measure the water pressure or estimate that. If you have the right pressure for the tap and it still fails to work then you could have a restictor on the tap or something else blocking flow.

With a plumber's help you can always remove the tap and see if water comes out, that will determine that the fault is with the tap and not the pipe system.

First of all, go to the retailer of the tap, and if an old tap, go to the manufacturer. If you do not know the manufacturer name, you will probably need a plumber, or to buy a new mixer. Mixers can cost only 10 pounds from lines like Amber.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:56 pm