low ze's and a consumer unit question

Postby davino » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:02 pm

tested a house today its a tns system and the ze was 0.03, the r1r2 on all circuits are good and the zs on all circuits also fall in line,, is this a the suppliers issue and is it dangerous.. sorry for sounding dumb but am a noob to testing..
also the board thats fitted has a 63a 30ma rcd and the lights have a 30ma rcbo but its not a split load board... will this present any problems
thanks

thanks
________
XJ600
Last edited by davino on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davino
Progress to next rank:
52.6%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:12 am

The Ze seems very low I would measure PSC and calculate the Ze to confirm reading. TN-S supplies to a house would normally be a lot higher I have had zero reading for Ze where the 3.3kv transformer was just the other side of the wall but the PSC reading although high was more valid and I used that.
Are you saying the RCBO is protected by a RCD if so there is no danger but neither is there any discrimination. As to complying with regulations it would depend on how often it tripped out.
Eric
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!