Hi, has any body out there had any dealings ( good or bad ) with an LPG built in oven? Why does a gas fire need a flue to get rid of carbon monoxide fumes yet the fumes from the oven are allowed to remain in ther Kitchen !!! Stan.
There's regulations, you cannot fit any cooker in any kitchen. Depending on the room size it may be a requirement that you have to have a opening window - it's not as straightforward as people think some rooms are too small to accommodate a gas cooker.
You're right regarding fumes from a cooker, and they do - in effect have a flue this is the grill in the front or at the back behind the rings on the hob, keeping cooking appliances clean is important and does affect the CO/CO2 ratio. A gas that is burnt properly produces CO2, CO is produced when incomplete combustion occurs - mainly by over/under gassing, flame impingement or lack of oxygen.
htg engineer is right; as for the reason why fires have additional requirements to cookers is quite simply the fact that it's a lot less common for people to turn their cooker on and stare at it for hours to keep them warm whilst they relaxing and are watching the TV.
Cookers will generally be used 30mins to a couple of hours in a kitchen whereby people will be walking through creating draughts and providing "air movement" unlike living room fires whereby the fire may be on for 4hrs whilst everyone relaxes and watches a film.
The level of CO produced by most appliances is minimal; but if it builds up you could have a pretty dangerous situation; it's a lot less likely to build up in an active area like a kitchen.