Magic Stage Box
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
magic box
Labourer
Labourer

Magic Stage Box

Post by magic box » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Hey guys, I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong thread and appreciate its not a very common DIY concern but if any handy folks out there would be willing to give me suggestions I'd be very grateful :)

Basically I need to build a tall vertical standing "magic box"

I'm currently producing a music video where the main focus of the video is a singer songwriter singing his song in a magicians box after the female assistant helps him in and closes it.

I've thought of a few ways to build it (approximately) by having some sort of wooden frame and either wooden sides or cloth draped over the frame, some sort of material tight around the sides perhaps.

It would require a top section with a hole big enough for the singer's head to poke through the top.

the guy that's going in it is pretty big too, about 6ft 3.

If anyone has any advice on how to actually go about building this big tall magic box for a human to fit inside that would be great :)

It needs to be really sturdy and solid as possible :)

I'll be mainly using wood that I have lying around here although do have a budget to go out and get MDF or some cheap and cheerful equivalent.

Cheers guys, apologies if my post is a bit unclear, I'm not used to all this wood-work talk :)

Grant :)

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:02 pm