Mains feed to appliances
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lawrence
Ganger
Ganger

Mains feed to appliances

by Lawrence » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:37 am

I currently have a cold water storage tank in my loft with 4 distributions feeding taps, cisterns, shower and the hot water tank.

I would like to have mains pressure to my cold water taps so I am thinking of teeing off from the mains rsier in the loft to the cold water distribution from the tank feeding the cold taps i.e. all the other cold water feeds would still be off the tank.

The pipework to the taps is in 28mm. the mains riser is in 15mm.

Is this okay?

thanks

richieplum
Apprentice
Apprentice

mains supply to taps

by richieplum » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:57 pm

As long as you are sure that the 28mm only feeds the bath and basin taps, the disparity in pipe sizes is not a problem just get a 28mm x 15mm reducer and a socket ( No. 1 ) or bend (yp12), but do consider the toilet cistern(s). there are two different orifices fitted, red for tank, white for mains. check this and if necessary change to the white one. Also, if you have mixer taps on bath/basin be prepared for no hot from basin, very poor hot from bath. Or only being able to get hot OR cold from mixers, not both at once. If you don't have mixers, ie you do have seperate taps on bath/basins, go right ahead and good luck. Always remember to turn off the water before cutting any pipes, and make sure to check the supply is actually off by trying the kitchen tap.

Lawrence
Ganger
Ganger

by Lawrence » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:09 pm

thanks Richie plum

as mixer taps are in bathrooms I've decided to leave as is

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:16 am