Making a Step out of Concrete Slabs on a Slight Incline
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
iantnm
Labourer
Labourer

Making a Step out of Concrete Slabs on a Slight Incline

by iantnm » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:19 pm

I want to remove an existing step made from concrete slabs (see photo) that are on a slight incline and to replace it with a wider step, also made from concrete slabs on top of each other, and with the incline corrected using a concrete foundation. The left-hand edge of the foundation for the new step needs to be about 4 cm higher than the right-hand edge to make everything level.

Can I do this simply by constructing a wooden frame to pour the mixed concrete into, level it off, and, once it is set, cement the first slab in place, and the others on top of that, or is there anything else I need to do? Should I reinforce the foundation with a wire mesh? Will the foundation bear the weight of up to 3 slabs? Will it crumble or be degraded by damp or frost?
Attachments
Bryn y Mor step.JPG

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Making a Step out of Concrete Slabs on a Slight Incline

by welsh brickie » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:53 pm

yes you can shutter it and concrete it, the weight should not be a problem unless the ground is soggy, Don't mix any concrete unless its 2-3 degrees above freezing and cover it at night

iantnm
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Making a Step out of Concrete Slabs on a Slight Incline

by iantnm » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks Welsh Brickie for the advice.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:25 am