Making an outdoor cat run
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
addler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Making an outdoor cat run

Post by addler » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:39 pm

I am trying to make an outdoor cat run for my cat, to keep the neighbourhood cats safe! and keep him safe from cars.

However, I dont know what type of wood I need to order, I know it has to be weatherproof without me having to stain it. I know I am going to make a timber frame and cover with wire mesh and the roof will be some kind of marine ply covered with something.

Can anyone give me any ideas what products I will be looking to buy. If anyone has a plan then please let me know.

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

Post by stevenc1603 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:35 am

Look for tanalised (spelling is probably different) or pressure treated wood. The same sort of stuff thats used for fencing as that will be weather proof.
For the roof I would use a bit of sterling board with some felt over it but marine ply with felt over would be OK too.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:17 pm

pressure treated is the way to go. its relatively cheap and readily available as well as offering good resistance to the elements. ideally teak or oak or other hardwoods for outdoors but very expensive, difficult to work with and unecofriendly.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 pm