Making my Own Alcove Bookshelves
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
KH4
Labourer
Labourer

Making my Own Alcove Bookshelves

Post by KH4 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi
To my shame, I've never even put up a shelf before but I'm determined to do my own DIY in my new home. I have an alcove in need of shelves and a cupboard to put the TV on. I'm planning on getting a bespoke cupboard from Jari (I think that's right) and attempting to fit it. I then plan to make alcove shelving. I can paint the back so it doesn't necessarily have to be fully cased on. Sorry for the background. I wanted advice or signposting to how hard this is and how to approach the project. I'm clearly not expecting to become a carpenter overnight, but want to find out more and to check I'm not being utterly unrealistic. I've googled with no luck. If anyone knows any threads or sites, or who can offer advice on this, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks for your help!
Kath

thedoctor

Re: Making my Own Alcove Bookshelves

Post by thedoctor » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi

We have a project on how to make a set of shelves in an alcove, hope this helps: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/makingshelves.htm

Kind Regards

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:47 pm