Ask questions and find answers on all your decking problems and issues

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sandk2k
Labourer
Labourer

Making Solid Floor for Ikea Runnen Clip on Decking

by sandk2k » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi everyone,

Im looking at laying down some outdoor clip on decking flooring in my garden. The product is called Runnen by IKEA.

It recommends the following on their site

"The floor decking is suitable for hard, even surfaces, like for example concrete, stone and wood."

Currently, we have solid, compacted soil up there, which I worry would get soft when wet, so need to lay down something on top. I would like to do it myself. I dont really want to put down concrete, as it wont be easy to alter in the future if we change our mind or sell our house!

Can anyone recommend something I could put down quickly and cheaply which provides a solid surface?

Thanks so much for peoples input, much appreciated!
Stephen
Attachments
runnen-floor-decking-outdoor-grey__0210436_pe363835_s4.jpg

PrincessGarden
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Making Solid Floor for Ikea Runnen Clip on Decking

by PrincessGarden » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi.
I realise your post is a fair few months old; however I'm looking at the exact same decking tiles as you were. What did you end up doing?

We've just built a wooden shed and as a base; we used a plastic tile interlocking shed base - the ground was levelled first and we put down the plastic shed base tiles and filled it with gravel. It seems very stable and I was wondering if we could use the same base for the decking area and put IKEA decking tiles on top of it. Has anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:29 am