Marble effect painting

Postby Rastanking » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Hello all,

On a recent visit to Florence the hotel room I stayed in had a 'marble effect' paint scheme. Can this effect be achieved by a DIYist? Is it a difficult technique?

Any help anyone could give would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:18 pm

If you've got the knack its not difficult but as a first timer you will need to practise. Google "marble effect painting" to find suppliers of paints.

Postby TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:02 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Postby rigga » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm

Rastanking, no special paints are required for marbling, only special primers depending on what you are going to marble on, if you would like to email me i will send you some information annd pictures of some marbling and tel you what you need to do it with.
Progress to next rank:

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!