Marks coming through on coving. XP
DIY hints, tips and solutions to the removal and repair of marked and stained areas

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SlaymakerGirl
Labourer
Labourer

Marks coming through on coving. XP

Post by SlaymakerGirl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:37 pm

we have decorated our livingroom recently and the coving has now got a brown to yellowish mark seemingly coming through on the bottom edge.

Do you think this could be a leak? (our bathroom is directly above) or is this typical of something like damp? Really i just dont know who to phone because it looks like a small stain coming from a large problem.

TIA

SlaymakerGirl
Labourer
Labourer

Post by SlaymakerGirl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Conviently I asked the bathroom fitter who came around tonight and he said it was most likely coming from the tiles in the bathroom. I literally just mentioned the downstairs leak (in hope) and he said oh lets look at the tiles. Anyway there is like a strip of grout inbetween the tiles which is loose! I had never ever noticed this -- all this time i thought it was water going on the floor, so kept pointing the shower head at the tiles! It all fits into place. So now its the waiting game to see if the coving downstairs gets any worse or not.

I have put some white sealant stuff on it while i await my new bathroom to be fitted.

Do any bathroom fitters come across this often?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:02 pm