MDF Painting and Preparation Using Floor Paint?

Postby Invader75 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:02 am

Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section and a bit of a newbie question. I've got some flat pack MDF kitchen unit's I've bought for my camper van. They're not covered and plain. I was thinking of painting them but want a good finish. A few people on various camper van forums said they'd used a roller with garage floor paint as it was very hard wearing.

If I wanted to do the same, would I still need to prep the wood? i.e. Sand and prime.

Any help would be appreciated.
Invader75
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby diydoctor » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi

Yes you will still need to prep and prime the MDF. We have a project page here that may offer you some more insight if needed: http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/mdf.htm

Hope this helps
diydoctor
Progress to next rank:
63.2%

Postby thedoctor » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:09 am

No problems, home you get your project completed!
thedoctor

Postby Invader75 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:45 pm

I've just been to my local Paint shop and they suggested using some 'Bedec Multi Surface paint' as it's an all in one. Anyone used it before?
Invader75
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!