MDF - waterproof?

Postby mobanded » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:50 am

Hi. I have a large bird aviary and wish to make some box type items to put inside. I would prefer to use exterior mdf but do not know if it would stand up to the rigours of a daily wash with a pressure hose. Would appreciate any advice please. I am attempting to do this on a shoestring budget so cost is a factor. Regards Mobanded
mobanded
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby Oddbod » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:04 pm

Hi. There may be such a thing as waterpoof MDF, but I've never met any.

MDF is probably the worst thing you could use, particularly with a pressure washer. You'll end up with a something that looks (and probably tastes) a bit like soggy weetabix before you can say “Oh dear that wasn't very cleverâ€
Oddbod
Progress to next rank:
36%

Postby joust180 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:30 pm

Water resistant is all you will find not water proof its an easy thing to get confused and so was I!!!
joust180
Progress to next rank:
21.1%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!