Postby andrewkay9 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:19 pm

I have plumbed in a 25mm MDPE from the companies stop tap to mine. I am now wanting to plumb it into the house I have just finished building. Should I bring this pipe to a stop tap and create my own copper manifold as I'm wanting to feed the boiler, cold taps and electric showers, or is there anything else on the market.
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:56 pm


Simply Build It

Postby plumbbob » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:13 pm

Sorry, but I find your description and request is confusing.

All new properties must have a 25mm MDPE supply direct from the local water authorities stop tap which should be at the boundary of the property. The supply must lie entirely within the new property's boundary and terminate at a single stop tap just within the building.

I don't understand the need for a manifold. Just use 15mm pipe from the stop tap along a route that takes it close to each outlet, and tee off to each as required.
Posts: 1870
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Postby andrewkay9 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:37 pm

Thanks Plumbbob, yes you are right about my supply, but the reason I mentioned about some sort of manifold was that the supply has to feed all of the below in close proximity of each other. Sorry about the conufsion!!
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:56 pm

Postby htg engineer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:22 pm

As plumbob says, there's no need for a manifold on mains cold water supply. For a domestic dwelling, one 15mm pipe feeding all outlets is normally adequate.

htg engineer
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics