Megaflow
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Annamo
Labourer
Labourer

Megaflow

by Annamo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:54 pm

I am about to embark on a loft conversion which will include a bathroom. I need to change the heating and hot water system to accomodate the new bathroom and the options seem to be a new cold water "coffin" tank and pump or a Megaflow system.

My concern with the megaflow is that one plumber has said go for it although we only have a pressure of 2 bar and another said that we only had 10l/min pressure and that megaflow wouldn't really work at that rate so we should go with a pump. Anyone got any advice?

cannonred525
Labourer
Labourer

by cannonred525 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:53 am

I have just had a new central heating system installed.

I decided against the MegaTech Cylinder (unvented) as our neighbours a similar system fitted but with low pressure. When someone flushed the toilet the pressure would drop and also during parts of the day the pressure can go down. They are considering having new water supply pipes into the house to try and improve this but i was told my whole area has low pressure.

I went for the Megalife Twincoil 210 (vented and ready for solar heating) with a 100 gallon coffin tank in the loft and a salamader esp100 pump (3bar). This is more costly and more pipes are needed but it works well. The pump is very good and the cylinder holds hot water for more than 3 hours after 1/2 hour heating.

Tank in loft,
Boiler, pump and cylinder downstairs.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm