Metal frame on shower screen does it need bonding??
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DodgeRover
Labourer
Labourer

Metal frame on shower screen does it need bonding??

Post by DodgeRover » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:04 am

Hi again everyone, does the metal frame holding one side of a shower screen need to be connected to the earth bonding in a bathroom? I can't think of anyway it could possibly come into contact with anything live or any other metal. Its sat on a fibreglass bath and mounted to a plasterboard wall.
Thanks in advance.
Giles

sang kibet
Apprentice
Apprentice

metal frame on shower screen

Post by sang kibet » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:58 am

Hi dodgerover,have you ever bought a hot steam shower with no earthing terminal?metal frame on shower screen doesnt neccesarily require any earthing,not unless your wiring in the house is clumpsy.

DodgeRover
Labourer
Labourer

Re: metal frame on shower screen

Post by DodgeRover » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:15 am

[quote="sang kibet"]Hi dodgerover,have you ever bought a hot steam shower with no earthing terminal?metal frame on shower screen doesnt neccesarily require any earthing,not unless your wiring in the house is clumpsy.[/quote]

Hi Sang Kibet, no, I've never bought an electric shower without an earth terminal, i would be quite worried if I did to be honest. I need the house to comply with current regulations so I can get a periodic test done.
Thanks

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:17 pm

Hi no bond reqd to 'exstraineous metal part' unlikely to become live.
regards SPARX

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:49 am