Mind the gap
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sidspanner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mind the gap

Post by Sidspanner » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi folks, I have installed my new 'P' shaped bath, and fitted on the bath panel. However the floor is running off, and I have a size-able gap (35mm) at one end. I was looking for some form of plastic beading to put along the front to finish it off. Is there anything anyone could recommend? Any advice would be helpful.

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

Post by marrtin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:52 pm

Good heavens, that's a good gap!

Round the base of shower trays, I use plastic soffit board supplied by a local facia trade store. They also do a similar but thinner strip that will bend easily to the "P" shape, and only costs a few quid.

Only in white though, but matches the bath panel well!

Sidspanner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Sidspanner » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:36 pm

[quote="marrtin"]Good heavens, that's a good gap!

Round the base of shower trays, I use plastic soffit board supplied by a local facia trade store. They also do a similar but thinner strip that will bend easily to the "P" shape, and only costs a few quid.

Only in white though, but matches the bath panel well![/quote]

Thanks for the reply Marrtin, is it called 'soffit board'? The strip stuff sounds just the job! can you get it online?

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

Post by marrtin » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:34 am

Yes it's called unvented soffit board (don't know what the thinner one is called, but it's about 3mm thick). Any facia supplier will have sold it for this purpose.

Guess it is available online, but as it costs under a tenner for a 4metre x 150mm length, the carriage would probably ridiculous.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:09 am