Mira Advance ATL FLEX 9kw Several Loud Clicks Then Dead?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

John2005
Labourer
Labourer

Mira Advance ATL FLEX 9kw Several Loud Clicks Then Dead?

by John2005 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Hello all, so misses was cleaning the shower and decided to use the shower itself to put water over the shower and wall behind it to clean it....from another room I heard loud clicking noises (didnt know what it was at the time but now believe these were electrical sparks) I ran into the room calmed her down and found the shower completely dead. no lights, nothing. The waste water pipe pump was working as normal so that part is fine however the shower IS getting electric still as a plumber tested this today but refused to work on it due to the enclosure around the shower. for lack of a better way of describing it, the enclosure is made out of plastic-like tiles which he said if he were to break any of them, he'd have no way of being able to get them and repair it so it refuse dto touch it. He also commented on a "switch" and "machine" being behind the shower, hidden by the enclosure. I decided to open the enclosure after he left with great hesitation...but there is no switch or machine there...just the pump for the waste water and thats WAY down the bottom, not where he was describing and pointing to. I'm suspecting he was not a very good plumber or I'm just missing something?

In short though, the shower is dead, it IS getting electric, at least to certain parts. It did not trip the consumer unit switch, and there are no lights at all on the shower itself. normally it shows a blue neon light when in "standby" but there's nothing. I've tried turning power off for 30mins and turning it on as apapraently that can help, no effect. Should I replace the whole shower or see if I can find another plumber to come out? Really at a loss here... he mentioned something about the PCB but that was only in mumbles to himself before telling me "nope, cant do this xx". I have seen the PCB on the internet for £50-60 and was tempted to buy it but I dont want to spend that on the PCB incase its not the PCB. Is there a way to tell what part is not working? everything looks "normal" in there, nothing burnt out...or damaged and there were no smells when this first happened either.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:09 pm