Postby piperjim07 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:13 pm

does anybody know what a mitre is any help would be great :o
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:24 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Dan the man » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Depends on how you are using the term mitre???
A mitre is something thats cut at an angle, for instance you could use a mitre block to cut wood to join two pieces of wood together so they fit together perfectly, so for instance if someone said "you will need to mitre the coving so it fits together with the other piece then you would cut the piece of coving at a 45 degree angle and the other piece at 45 degree angle to fit together.
Dan the man
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Postby chris_on_tour2002 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:51 pm

a mitre is a type of woodworking joint, a cut usually at 45 degrees, in two pieces of wood so they form a 90 degree square where they meet. think picture frames - where they joint at the corner is a good example of where a mitre joint would be used. also kitchen worktops are often jointed with a kind of mitre.

usually done with a mitre box and saw or better still a chop saw.
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Postby vroooOOOM » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:52 pm

[quote="piperjim07"]does anybody know what a mitre is any help would be great :o[/quote]
What are you joining together?
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:14 pm

Postby TheDoctor4 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Discover how easy it is to find vetted and insured tradesman local to your area with the help of DIY Doctor. Visit our Find a Tradesman area:
Posts: 16777214
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Somerset in the UK in Shepton mallet

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics