mixing existing 8mm micro bore with 15mm from one manifold?

Postby mtb rik » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:36 pm

I have split a large bedroom into two rooms, a double bedroom and a wee office.

I intend to use thermaskirt heated skirting as I don't want to waste wallspace in the smaller rooms.

However, the therma skirt guys don't recomend 8mm microbore as a feed as they say it silts up etc. It has been working fine previously and we're blessed with very soft water here abouts.

It would be possible for me to replace the piping into the two new rooms with 10 or 15mm but the same manifold feeds the bathroom and that would be a tricky job as its pastered into the wall.

Will the flow thru the 8mm to the bathroom suffer if I replace the 8mm to the bedroom with 2 sets of 10mm or 15mm to the thermaskirt?
mtb rik
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby eggers » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 pm

yes it is possible, you can get 8 - 15 mm adaptors, but i wouldn't do it that way personally, if you can find the manifold, tap into the 22mm feed and run 15mm pipe from there
eggers
Progress to next rank:
31.3%

Postby htg engineer » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:40 pm

You don't want to mix pipe sizes, you'll find the 15mm extension will starve one or more of the other radiators

htg
htg engineer

Postby eggers » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm

thats why i won't do it
eggers
Progress to next rank:
31.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!