MK Fused Spur
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AndyH2
Labourer
Labourer

MK Fused Spur

by AndyH2 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:38 pm

I am attempting to relace the 13Amp fuse supplied with the new MK fused spur with a 3Amp. After doing so, I no longer have continuity between the Live pin on the supply side with the Live pin on the load side. The fuse is good. Refitting the original has the same problem. Thinking I had an unfortunate failure, I got another brand new unit. I checked continuity before attempting the same activity and it was good. After changing the fuse I have the same problem. Is there some secret to replacing a fuse?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:29 pm

AndyH2,
Are you screwing in the fuse holder completely - it needs to be flush with the front of the plate. If this is OK you have another faulty unit.
end

AndyH2
Labourer
Labourer

by AndyH2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 am

In total I have 3 switched fused spur units which have the same problem. To expand on my first posting...
Replacement of the fuse procedure may be an issue.
Unscrewing the fuseholder retaining screw starts to the action of extracting the fuseholder. After the fuseholder has come out about 3mm the screw action no longer does anything and I am forced to use a screwdriver to lever the fuseholder the rest of the way.
After replacing the fuse the retaining screw does not re-engage in the thread of the fuseholder unless I apply significant pressure to the fuseholder.
These are all brand new units.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:46 pm

That's normal for MK stuff, push hard and screw in fully...
That sounds really bad!!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:15 pm