monoblock kitchen swan neck tap
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

monoblock kitchen swan neck tap

by greengrass » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:09 pm

[attachment=0]mon2.jpg[/attachment]I have a problem in removing the tap assembly from the monoblock tap body to replace both tap washers, the cold drips so will replace both anyway.
Problem: Lower chrome collar released using a car oil filter strap (good tip) in order to prevent damage to chrome. That’s fine lower collar is loose but this is where the problem starts turns about ¾ and stops and I don’t want to force the tap and damage it.
I thought I’d cracked it loosening the lower collar with the oil filter strap as no damage ocured....wrong my solution bubble burst....and I am now back to square one ‘how to remove the tap assembly’. The old taps never presented this problem with the capstan head held in by screw and could be removed along with the cosmetic collar covering the tap assembly, no problem replace washer job done. With this monoblock one pain in the ‘aspidistra’ I’d get banned for using correct word. See attached photo if download worked ok.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Attachments
hope pic big enough had job re-sizing
hope pic big enough had job re-sizing
mon2.jpg (23.48 KiB) Viewed 6726 times

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Re: monoblock kitchen swan neck tap

by greengrass » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:09 pm

[quote="greengrass"][attachment=0]mon2.jpg[/attachment]I have a problem in removing the tap assembly from the monoblock tap body to replace both tap washers, the cold drips so will replace both anyway.
Problem: Lower chrome collar released using a car oil filter strap (good tip) in order to prevent damage to chrome. That’s fine lower collar is loose but this is where the problem starts turns about ¾ and stops and I don’t want to force the tap and damage it.
I thought I’d cracked it loosening the lower collar with the oil filter strap as no damage ocured....wrong my solution bubble burst....and I am now back to square one ‘how to remove the tap assembly’. The old taps never presented this problem with the capstan head held in by screw and could be removed along with the cosmetic collar covering the tap assembly, no problem replace washer job done. With this monoblock one pain in the ‘aspidistra’ I’d get banned for using correct word. See attached photo if download worked ok.
Many thanks in anticipation.

[/quote]

Done it its off.... Unscrew bottom section which only comes up about three turns and the whole tap assembly pulls off, its on a spline. This reveals the tap unit of course I take that out thinking conventional washers with centre hole and black or red NO such luck. a washer about the size but centre hole larger washer is blue. What a pain in the ******* these designers are what's wrong with the old system I've now got to go find where I can get a washer, suppose it'll end up having to buy the whole bloody tap.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:35 am