motorised valves
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jeremym
Labourer
Labourer

motorised valves

by jeremym » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:31 am

The motorised valve is not moving at all when the central heating is switched on and hence no heating. The hot water is fine and if I move the vale the radiators upstairs become warm but the pump is not engaged. How can I get the central heating to work or do I need a new valve? Isf so is it something I can do myself?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Is there and have you checked the room thermostat and programmer are calling for heat ?

If they are, are you getting electricity supply to motorised valve (when heating only selected) ?

If yes then it will probably require a new motorised valve. Easy enough to change. Check the 3 port valve spindle moves freely.

REMEMBER TO ISOLATE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY

jeremym
Labourer
Labourer

mtorised valve

by jeremym » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:03 am

Thanks for that.

I have checked the thermostat and programmer and they are still on the settings for May when the heating was last on. When heating is turned on the spindle does move and the spring inside the valve moves as well but the actuator (?) arm does not move at all, so there is an electricity supply. The radiators upstairs get warm but the pump is not engaged hence no heating downstairs.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1