Motorized pump & CH won't turn off

Postby morrisddaj » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:52 am

I had to fit a new indirect water cylinder, on doing so I had to bleed the central heating. after fitting it I bled the system but now the motorised pump for the hot water won't go off and the CH/HW boiler turns on automatically even though the controls are off. puzzled?
Derek
morrisddaj
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Oliver_murphy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Check your motorised valves in the airing cupboard. They are normally silver or white in colour.

I think that one of them will be stuck open, activating the microswitch inside. you proberly need a new valve. But i would get an engineer to check the electrics as well. A Plumber/heating engineer should be competant to check the voltage, to ensure which valve is causing the problems.
Oliver_murphy
Progress to next rank:
53.8%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!