mould behind kitchen cupboards
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pob123
Labourer
Labourer

mould behind kitchen cupboards

by pob123 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:49 pm

I own a flat that has been empty four four years and have recently been updating the property. We started putting in a new kitchen in arround march and it is still in the making.up until now no problems with that but now the kitchen cupboards are in place on a outside wall and we have suddenly developed black mould both behind and inside the cupboards. The cupboards still have no doors on and no kickboard in place so the air should still be able to circulate. What is the cause and how can I cure it. The wall was checked for damp prior to plastering and was found to be ok.

harribone
Labourer
Labourer

by harribone » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:31 pm

We've just discovered exactly the same problem although our kitchen is now a year old. The mould has just suddenly appeared. I'd be interested if anyone has any solutions. 'pob123' ... if I get to the bottom of it I'll forward on any info.

harribone
Labourer
Labourer

by harribone » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:05 pm

OK... just found out that our damp is probably due to the gutter having fallen off recently and damp is coming through to our inside wall where the cupboards are attached.

pob123
Labourer
Labourer

mould behind kitchen cabinets

by pob123 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:26 pm

[quote="harribone"]OK... just found out that our damp is probably due to the gutter having fallen off recently and damp is coming through to our inside wall where the cupboards are attached.[/quote]

Thanks for the interest but unfortunately I can`t lay claim to the same. Obviously these cabinets are going to have to come out before they have even been used and it looks like a new DPC, This problem only started when the worktop was put on. Thanks again pob123

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:50 am