Postby caroline carter » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:28 am

i have mould in two bedrooms, i live in an upperfloor maisonette, it is on the outside walls, someone told me to clean the area with bleach and then paste on childrens pva glue, and if i did this the mould would not appear again, and that its a cheaper way to keep mould at bay, can u let me no wat you think of this idea.
caroline carter
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:29 pm

caroline carter,
Your problem is almost certainly condensation. Clean off the mould with bleach and then make sure a window is open whenever the room is being slept in.
Posts: 2708
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby theshedman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi caroline, as stoneyboy says give it a good clean with some bleach. After this I would use some Dettox Mould and Mildew remover on it too. This will help stop it from forming so quickly again. The key thing to help stop it coming back is to make sure there is plenty of fresh air coming into the rooms. Whatever you do, don't put PVA on the walls as it will cause problems when you come to decorate.
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:11 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics