Moving Sewage Manhole from under Extension and into Back Garden

Postby s45 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi, Can someone help please!
I am thinking of buying a semi detached property where the owner has built an rear extension over the seweage manhole. The floor is laminated. I am not sure of the exact position of the manhole in the kitchen.
There is no space on the either side of the house.
What are my options to move it out of the kitchen extension in the back garden? How much work and cost is involved? What other information would you require to help?

Thanks a lot.
s45
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:23 pm

its most likely an airtight manhole cover in the extension, So I wouldn't move it.
You could add an extra manhole in the garden, for access, in case of problems.
The manhole chamber and fittings, will cost about £150, labour cost will depend on the depth and ground conditions, but about £250
welsh brickie

Postby Scezy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:01 pm

If you move it you have to pay for a sewer connection which is around £500. And this work has to be carried out by a trained person with method statements and risk assessments.
Regards. Scezy
Scezy
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!