moving staircase???

Postby bozwell » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:47 am

hi all,
brand new here, im about to move into my first house and the staircase runs right through the middle of the lounge( the 2 reception rooms have been made into 1). i want to move the staircase to run along the wall but would appreciate if anyone has any advice about costs etc before i get proffesionals in to quote me, also anything else i should be aware of in the way of building regulations etc would be greatly appreciated.
thank you
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:42 am


Simply Build It

Postby pablo2 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:38 pm

Hi Bozwell

I would think you will need building regs as you are structually altering the property , this may be quite an involved job as the joists may need to be cut and supported on the intended wall . I would call the buiding inspector at your local council and ask them to call out and have a look , they should advise you what they will expect from your builder.

Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:39 pm

Postby bozwell » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:46 pm

thanks pablo i'll get that done before i get anybody in to quote me
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:42 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics