Multipoint Boiler Lockout

Postby cry1968 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:28 pm

I drained down my radiators to fit new valves to them. When I try to turn the boiler backe on it won't fire up it keeps locking out even when ou push the reset button.
The boiler is a Potterton Puma.
Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
cry1968
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby muttley » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:47 am

probably got an air in the boiler ,make sure you vent every thing incuding the boiler
muttley
Progress to next rank:
96.2%

Postby cry1968 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:44 am

Thanks mate. Since last night the boiler (upstairs in the kitchen) now fires when I turn on the hot water downstairs. Upstairs now doesn't fire the boiler (don't even get the LED modulator and lockout now) and I've lost both hot and cold pressure on the taps (the cold I thought was direct from the mains). I get nothing when I turn on the CH . Have I wrecked the pump? And how come the mains cold has gone upstairs.
I realised I hadn't re-filled the system which I've now done so could it be the pump.
cry1968
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby htg engineer » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:48 am

Check the pressure is on 1.0 - 1.5 bar, and open the automatic air vent. Very top left hand side of boiler (not in the combustion chamber), it's a small black plastic thumb screw, on a brass valve.

Also vent the pump, there'll be a silver screw or a black plastic nut, open this slightly and allow any air to escape.

Is it going to LOCKOUT, or LOW SYSTEM PRESSURE, the newer Puma's have both red light lockout's
htg engineer

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!