Questions and answers on many aspects of soundproofing areas of your home

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sukilou
Labourer
Labourer

MY ALARM CLOCK ANNOYING THE NEIGHBOURS -- HELP

by sukilou » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:46 am

HI ALL

I have an issue with the neighbours, its not their noise its mine.
the walls are thin in the bedroom and my alarm clock is waking them at 5.45am.

I can do away with the alarm clock but will lose my job if i don't get up.

I need to soundproof on no budget at all really.

Large bedroom and the neighbours on the other side don't mind the noise thats a larger wall aswell.

HELP PLEASE
thanks
lou

Nimrod
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Nimrod » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:12 pm

Lou,

You definitely want to avoid any sort of ding-dong that will upset your neighbours and therein strangely lies the solution to the problem.

There are two approaches to solving your problem. You can either treat the room or you can treat the source.

The first would be costly and as you have little or no money to spend on acoustic treatment it does not represent a practical way forward for you.

So what if you treated the source--your alarm clock--and changed 'hell's bells' for 'good vibrations'.

Surf the net using the three magic word phrase 'alarm clock deaf' and I know you will find a vibrating alarm clock that will match your pocket and guarantee your neighbours long nights of 'California dreaming'.

Let us know how you get on.

B:o)

LCL
Ganger
Ganger

by LCL » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:40 pm

Lou

I use my mobile phone as my alarm clock. I actually put it in a different room (my office) so I have to get out of bed to turn it off. Its not excessively loud (doesn't wake wifey or kids).

Nimrod is certainly right. £000's to treat the effect, zero to treat the source.

LCL

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:06 am