My faulty air conditioning pump
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
static
Labourer
Labourer

My faulty air conditioning pump

Post by static » Mon May 05, 2008 11:47 am

My air cond pump is faulty. Apparently, it will do no damage to the air cond unit if not replaced & the water currently pools & run off the balcony.
My tradesman recommend replacing it with a evaporation pan instead which I'm not happy - I think it is an old method (gravity evacuation ??), the pan would be unsightly & rain water do pools on the balcony anyway.

I prefer the pump to be replaced. My options are EASY 10 or PE5001. However, there would be no warranty as apparently the pump is not for external use which I'm not happy but OK with (old pump was installed externally). Now, tradesman says existing pipework & pump is 4mm diameter & new pumps are 6mm. If you connect the existing 4mm pipe onto a 6mm pump hose it will create back pressure on the pump. Also, they can not get access to the internal drainage system if it blocks as pumps now have larger hoses, causing back flow issues.

I am sure a lot of older buildings have this pipework problem. Do you think this trademan is not good hence pushing for evaporation pan. Also, what are my option as I really prefer replacing it with a pump (with warranty would be nice).

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1