Napit
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
remelad
Tradesman
Tradesman

Napit

Post by remelad » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:09 am

Can any one advise me, does napit have a domestic installer scheme.like nic-eic i am looking for the best scheme to join. Don't like to pay building control a fee when they don't know what their doing themselves
Regards Remelad

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Napit

Post by BLAKEY1963 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:51 pm

[quote="remelad"]Can any one advise me, does napit have a domestic installer scheme.like nic-eic i am looking for the best scheme to join. Don't like to pay building control a fee when they don't know what their doing themselves
Regards Remelad[/quote]

REMELAD
BEST THING 2 DO IS INQUIRE WITH NAPPIT AND DECIDE IF
THEY OFFER U WHAT U R LOOKING 4.
I AM REGISTERED WITH NICEIC AS A DOMESTIC INSTALLER,
BECAUSE I DO MAINLY DOMESTIC.
LOOK INTO ECA AS WELL AND DECIDE WHATS BEST 4 U.

BLAKEY1963

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:27 pm

Hi Remelad, am ECA member & NAPIT for 'domestic installer part p'
reason being ECA mainly commercial/industrial orientated with loads of benefits but at VERY expensive membership fees aimed at larger firms.
they do a 'part-p ' scheme through BRE certification & have now bought out ELECSA so have their scheme as well!
NAPIT is mainly about Inspections/tests at all level so seemed the obvious choice for part-p, we have recently had our 2nd annual reinspection for continuing membership & are very happy to stay with them, they have a good help line plus on-line members only forum like this one, well worth the membership fee just to get monthly mag.
Biased? yup but only as satisfied member, (really hate NICEIC, now calling themselves 'National Safety Council!!!' another con. trying to sound official, but still misinterpreting regs!) at the of the day ya pays ya money & takes ya choice, regards
SPARX

remelad
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by remelad » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:21 pm

Thanxs to you blakey and sparx for your answers, think i will have to join NIC-EIC, as i'm not fully qualified electrician. Done a part p course at college which was a year long, not one of these 5 minute wonder courses and think Napit will only endorse part p for qualified electricians.
Regards Remelad

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:27 pm