Need a new shower - power or electric?

Postby ajf47 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi there
Our, I think, very old Aqua Tronic 8500 shower has packed up, disaster as hubby hates baths and on a tight budget at present. We need to replace it as soon as possible, but not sure if we need a power shower or just ordinary electric.

We have a combi-boiler and no water tank.

Can anyone tell me what type of shower the Aqua Tronic is as I cannot find any reference on google and what type of shower we need to get.

regards Amanda
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:25 pm

The aquatronic will probably be an electric shower.

As gas is cheaper than electric, why not fit a thermostatic mixer shower ? great pressure (depending on boiler).

htg engineer

Postby wabbitpoo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:31 am

We have moved from all electric showers to mixer showers from our combi boiler. We have good pressure, which is lucky, and the shower is fantastic as a result. I would never buy an electric shower again, as they are, in my humble opinion, rubbish when there is a better alternative.

Given that you have no hot tank, if the power goes you won't get a shower at all, but that is the same for either type of shower.
Progress to next rank:

Postby TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:56 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!