Need help finding replacement floorboards
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dan_m2k
Labourer
Labourer

Need help finding replacement floorboards

by dan_m2k » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi guys,

I've just got my first house and was planning on leaving the floorboards exposed as they're generally in good condition and could save money on floorcovering in favour of giving them a sand and a varnish.

However, as the plumber's have been round, there's now a few patches that are going to need replacing (there's also some places where the old fireplaces were that are going to need replacing as well nearly the full length of the room)

The problem I've found is finding floorboards the right size. They were tongued and grooved the replacements don't have to be, and they are 100mm (approx 4in) wide and 22mm thick.

Any advice on what to do? Having them made-to-size seems really expensive. If there's any suppliers or places to look, then I'd be really grateful (I'm in Leeds, if you know of any local)

thanks,
Dan

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:22 pm

Your best option woud be to lift some good boards in a part of the house where it doesn't matter - there must be some rooms you will carpet I would have thought - and replace the damaged ones with these.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:15 am