Need Help With Upscaling and Modernising Pine Furniture
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Emma_vb
Labourer
Labourer

Need Help With Upscaling and Modernising Pine Furniture

Post by Emma_vb » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:16 pm

I have some old pine furniture that I'm trying to modernise to put into my little girls new bedroom but I feel like I've ruined it.

My intention is to paint it all white except the top and the handles and feet, which I'll leave pine but tidied up and varnished. I've used Annie Sloan white paint and am happy enough with that. With the top, however, it had quite a few scratches and small dents in it, so I've filled these with ronseal wood filler and have sanded down. But it now looks a right mess and I don't know what to do next. It's patchy where I've sanded more in the filled places than everywhere else, and the filler is very obvious, so I assume I can't just apply a clear wax or varnish. But I've no idea what to do to get it looking nice? I tried to attach a photo but it's too big apparently!

Emma_vb
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Need Help With Upscaling ad Modernising Pine Furniture

Post by Emma_vb » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Managed to add a photo of one section of the top! Someone please help!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:45 pm