Need installation instructions for UPVC tilt and slide door
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bugstomper
Labourer
Labourer

Need installation instructions for UPVC tilt and slide door

by bugstomper » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:35 am

I bought a set of Kömmerling PVC windows and doors including a tilt and slide door. We are having a problem with the vendor in that they won't install it but won't give us information on how to install it. If we want to find out how to do it, is knowing that the profile is Kömmerling enough, or would the installation instructions depend on exactly what brands and models of hardware the vendor chose to assemble with the profile?

How do we go about finding out how to install this door? What information about the door would someone need in order to answer that question? We live in a remote area where there are no other people qualified to install this door without instruction. The vendor told us at first that the windows and doors could be installed by any builder with experience installing aluminium windows, then when that turned out not to be true told us that the tilt and turn door installation was too complicated to explain and he would do it himself, then didn't do it. Maybe he will come through but I will feel safer knowing that it might be possible to do it myself or with a normally skilled builder.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:38 pm

Logic dictates that you ask Kömmerling direct. They pobably have nstallation instructions as a PDF.

Whilts you're about it I'd be tempted to have a moan that their distributor is being totally uncooperative and that its not good for their company pofile and reputation.

That should get you all the help you need and a flea in the ear for the vendor.

Cheers

jankeef
Labourer
Labourer

by jankeef » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:06 am

To fit a tilt and slide patio door is the same for any other upvc product. It has to be fitted square. With support under the bottom rail. As long as everything is parrallel and plumb you will not have any problems.

One tip, keep the mechanism well oiled or greased. Don't use WD40.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 am