Need to cut laminate floor to install hearth
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
VELMA
Labourer
Labourer

Need to cut laminate floor to install hearth

by VELMA » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:13 pm

hi hopefully someone can help me...

I recently removed my fireplace from my living room to give me more space, I've also had a new laminate floor layed. I have now decided to install a new fireplace as the room was too cold without it (typical woman, i know.......). The person installing the fire wants to put it down on top of the laminate but I would prefer to cut the laminate around the hearth.

Would this be worth the hastle and if so how would I go about doing it?

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

by DUDE DIY » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:26 pm

Hi, the final decision on how you want the room finished and you fire fitted is yours. However fitting the fire ontop of your new floor will give a really clean finish, if you do decide to fit the fire around the hearth I would mean removing quite a large section of the flooring to accomodate this. It will also mean the flooring will need to be neatly finished against the hearth. The onlt thing you gain be refitting the flooring around the hearth is in the future it will be easy to change the flooring....it would also be simple to move the hearth again in the future. I dont mean this in a rude way, but It seems like your creating work and expense for your self. Cheers

Reeny
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Reeny » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi
I am doing my living room out and will be laying the floor first then putting the new fireplace with hearth on top of floor. I would recommend you do this but its up to you!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:03 pm