Neighbour fencing problems
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kevmitch
Labourer
Labourer

Neighbour fencing problems

by kevmitch » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:38 am

At the moment I am planning to "double up" the fence slats in my garden. One of the sides that I am looking to do has the slats facing into my garden with the rail and posts being situated on my neighbours side of the garden. Is it ok for me to run a rail along this side of the fence and lay the slats offset of my neighbours so that they cant see through to provide more priacy for my own garden???

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:34 pm

Sounds like its your neighbours boundary, so in theory no.

As a rule of thumb, the side of the fence with the supporting posts is who the boundary belongs to. If you check the land registry title you will see the characteristic 'T' positioned more like '¬' pointing into whose garden owns the fence.

You could always ask them?

kevmitch
Labourer
Labourer

by kevmitch » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:47 am

R u sure? This would mean anytime u wanted to replace ur fence u would have to get access to ur neighbours garden to remove and replace the slats on "ur " fence! If it was the other way around you would be able to remove the slats at anytime. Anyway thanks for ur reply and I'll check it out with the local council.

tradeaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

by tradeaway » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:09 pm

[quote="kevmitch"]R u sure? This would mean anytime u wanted to replace ur fence u would have to get access to ur neighbours garden to remove and replace the slats on "ur " fence! If it was the other way around you would be able to remove the slats at anytime. Anyway thanks for ur reply and I'll check it out with the local council.[/quote]

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:11 pm

Can confirm Nitro's post. Usually the "frame" is on your side and the neighbours get the good side. Balances out in the end "apparently".

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:28 pm