neighbour knocked down outbuilding which my extension shared
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
voglio
Labourer
Labourer

neighbour knocked down outbuilding which my extension shared

by voglio » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi, my neighbour has knocked down brick built out buildings which my extension shared party wall, my extension is now damp due to an internal wall now being an external. My neighbour didnt discuss this with me - were they ok to do it and can I enforce them to render the wall in an effective way?
Thanks Voglio

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

outbuilding

by welsh brickie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 pm

With the outbuilding being on his land,he can do what he wants really.Ask him if you can gain access to render the wall I doubt if he would do it.
To prosecute him would cost time and money and meanwhile the damp gets worse,Its not worth the aggrevation

voglio
Labourer
Labourer

by voglio » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Does the party wall act apply?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

party wall act

by welsh brickie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:26 pm

like I said,its easier to plaster the wall yourself,than drag the proceedings through a long legal process.
You may get on with your neighbour or you may not,but quoting legal obligations and threats of law action will certainly not help matters.I wish I had a better answer for you,but i have seen it happen many times,its easier to just let it go.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1