I'm replacing a faulty bathroom fan that was installed prior to me taking ownership of my flat.
When removing the old fan prior to installing the new one I noticed that instead of using an earth wire, a second neutral wire had been connected to the earth screw on the device.
Although this is most certainly contrary to wiring regulations, is this unsafe to:
- the user (given that the device is operated by a pull cord only); and also
- the device itself - can it cause damage?
Thanks for your help.