All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
arseneknows
Apprentice
Apprentice

new bathroom instalation

Post by arseneknows » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:10 am

hi guys,
im replacing my ensuite showeroom and fitting a bath in there.

for the new pipe work for the new bath i was going to take the hot and cold water feeds from the sink pipes,when i removed the pedestal there is hot and cold pipes coming from the floor and joined to theses is hot and cold pipes coming from the family bathroom (i assume)

1. why is the previos sink fed by two different lots of pipes?
2. can i use the pipes coming from the floor for my new bath and the pipes from the family bathroom for the sink?or do i have to do as they did?

im slightly confused so any help would be appreiciated.thanks.
jon

susan goodwin
Labourer
Labourer

Post by susan goodwin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:46 am

Is it possible that the pipes rising from the floor feed both the sink and the family bathroom. you could check this by seeing if the hot feed from the floor gets warm when the family bathroon tap is turned on.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:50 pm

the pipes coming up from the floor are either - fed from the family bathroom to the en-suite then under the floor to ? maybe kitchen ?

Or the pipes come up from through the floor from the kitchen ? then this feed the en-suite and the family bathroom. If you have a combi boiler, you can take the bath hot and cold from the basin, if you have a hot water tank or cylinder, the the hot water pipe should be 22mm not 15mm.

arseneknows
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by arseneknows » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:00 am

Or the pipes come up from through the floor from the kitchen ? then this feed the en-suite and the family bathroom. If you have a combi boiler, you can take the bath hot and cold from the basin, if you have a hot water tank or cylinder, the the hot water pipe should be 22mm not 15mm.[quote]

i have a regular hot water tank and boiler,but i do not have any 22mm pipes in the ensuite at all.

i recently refitted my family bathroom and only had 22mm pipes in there running to the bath (not the sink).

so what should i do then?

do i need to change my pipework? and from what point ?[/quote]

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:51 pm

the bath requires 22mm pipes, so you will have to get 22mm pipes either from the family bathroom to the en-suite, or from the tank to the en-suite.

is the tank in the loft ? if the tank is in the loft, it will probably be easier to tee into the Hot Water Draw off from the tank which will be 22mm, and drop through the ceiling to the en-suite.

Taking 15mm hot water pipes to the bath will take a long long time to fill.

Cant say much more because I dont know the layout of your house - is en-suite, family bathroom upstairs/downstairs ?

if you can give more info ill try to help, but the bath supply has to be 22mm.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:47 am