- DIY PROJECTS
- DIY TIPS AND TRICKS
- DIY VIDEOS
- GREEN LIVING
- FIND TRADESMEN
- PRICE DOCTOR
- NEWS LETTER SIGNUP
- ADVERTISE HERE
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
*Sorry long post* I am pulling out my hair with this new crappy boiler my housing association has installed. I haven't been warm since I had it installed 3 months ago and I haven't had a hot bath since that time either, even though I am feeding my meter more than I ever paid having my lovely gas central heating in.
In this time, the boiler man has been called out on 4 occasions when it broke down so they eventually found a leak. Informed me that I can only have one or the other working at any one time so has turned my heating down so that I can get at least one hot bath a day, which to date has not happened yet.
1. Every single room in my house is cold. The radiators have never ever been hot, but lukewarm. I can just keep my hands on it without any trouble.
2. When I need to wash up, the water is again lukewarm and I have to boil the kettle to put some proper hot water in to wash the dishes properly.
3. When I am running a bath it will fill up with about 2" of hot water before it goes cold and again I have never had to add cold water to it to cool it down because it is lukewarm. Plus as soon as I get in, it goes cold anyway.
4. I do all my clothes washing on the weekend, approximately 3-4 washes and some of my clothes I will put the radiator to dry which means they will take all day and night to dry just one load due to the radiators being lukewarm.
5. I now have to use the fire in the front room to boast up the heat. My hands are cold all the time, my bedroom is freezing and I have two duvets on my bed, go to bed with thermal bjams, bed socks and sometimes a hot water bottle to keep warm.
6. The last boiler man came out last week telling me I could only have hot water or radiators hot at anyone time, but not both together. He turned down my radiators to be able to get a hot bath and to date that has not happened.
Is this normal for the Baxi Duo-Tec Combi Boiler 28 HE as if so this is not what I signed up for and need to be upgraded as this is not meeting my needs and it would be even worse if there was 2 of us in my house and and not having to wear gloves and scarf to go with my extra jumpers, hot water bottle etc is not too much to expect.
Is there something wrong here, cuz I am going to be sorting this out with my HA plus besides Which Mag, I haven't seen any reviews about this boiler.
A 28 KW boiler should be overkill, unless the gas supply is deficient, as it would be if fed thro' 15 mm piping, or the gas supplier cannot keep the pressure up to standard.
You can only expect hot water flow of 11.5 litres/min at 64 deg. C, which is slow for a bath but great for a blender shower.
Using the DHW shuts off the CH, temporarily. My Potterton Promax 28 HE+ condensing combi has separate gas controls for DHW and CH temperatures, and had to have my 15 mm gas pipe increased to 22 mm.
Radiators not heating
What's the system pressure on ? have all radiators been bled ?
Trv's fitted ? turn them up, remove head and press pin - pin may be stuck.
Turn heating thermostat up.
As for the rest of the problems get housing association out to repair. That's what you pay your rent for. Should be a decent boiler - capable of meeting the needs of an average 3 bed house.
So could be down you not being shown how to use boiler properly, leaks causing pressure to drop and air entering system. Incorrect pipe sizing.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1