New Build Installation Regulations for Gas Appliance Installation

Postby Dorb » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Can anyone tell me if it is illegal to install gas appliances, including boiler and associated pipe work into a new build you are building to sell (not live in at all)? My understanding was that it is, unless certified by a Gassafe Engineer. Same goes for electrical work. I thought in order to sell the property this also needed to be signed off.
Dorb
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Atticus Finch » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Dorb wrote:Can anyone tell me if it is illegal to install gas appliances, including boiler and associated pipe work into a new build you are building to sell (not live in at all)? My understanding was that it is, unless certified by a Gassafe Engineer.

The boiler must be installed, connected, tested and commissioned by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Hanging the boiler on the wall is part of the installation process.

Getting an unregistered person to do the work and then asking a registered person to certify it is illegal.
Atticus Finch
Progress to next rank:
84.6%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!