New Ceiling fitting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rodders41
Labourer
Labourer

New Ceiling fitting

Post by rodders41 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:26 am

I have moved house I want to fit a new lighting fitting that as a Live eutral and earth connection. The wires from the ceiling rose are earth, neutral live and then 2 wires that went into a connector marked loop on the ceiling fitting.

I have tried connecting the 2 loops to the live and the lights dont go off. The new fitting only as 2 connections which leaves me 2 loop wires over where do they go.

cotts
Labourer
Labourer

Post by cotts » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:06 pm

the 2 loop wires are red and are the live feds to all lights on the circuit. This leaves a red and a black which should have a red sleeve on to indicate a switched live and then 2 further blacks which are your circuit neutrals. Your light fitting should connect like this.
1. Brown to red sleeved black
2. Blue to the 2 neutral blacks
3. Earth to earth.
The red loops will need putting into a terminal block and pushed into the ceiling as long as you are able to access them later when the light is fitted. If not they will need crimping. hope this helps

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:58 pm

put the two loop wires in a spare connector block not connected to the fitting this is live in looped to switch Neutral in to lights N , and sw. live back to lights L term, regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:48 am